A member of the elite Design Hotel group, the Istoria Hotel is a feather in the cap of the conglomerate dedicated to bringing the fantastic experience of a small boutique hotel to the pinnacle of luxury by affording the small locations the momentum of a larger group behind it. With 317 hotels around the globe, the Istoria Hotel on Santorini Greece is backed by a powerful hotel chain that specializes in perfection.
On the south east corner of Santorini is the small beachfront village of Perissa. The southern reflection of Kamari, separated by the Mesa Vouno mountains. A short jaunt across the island will bring you to the bustling capital, but your stay at Istoria on the volcanic black sand beaches of Perivolos Beach will provide you all the excursion you could want.
This is a modern hotel with a classical look. The designers embraced the classical Greek whitewash and blended it seamlessly with a contemporary appearance that also accommodates the richness of the rock formations surrounding the area. Dark and subdued colors against the soft white background makes for an atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye and relaxing to be in.
Inside, the luxury encapsulates the classic styles without displaying them overtly. You will never get the feel that someone has designed the room to evoke the classic Greek appearance, but you will also feel the draw to the classic looks, with a modern twist, the hotel feels brand new while retaining the rich cultural history of the island.
Istoria’s Asian spa is a one stop location for those looking for total and complete relaxation. Come to the spa for a rejuvenation treatment using ingredients native to the surrounding area. Two private rooms are available for booking a quiet and wholly refreshing massage session, or enjoy the open hot tub for some well deserved enjoyment.
Greek hospitality often comes from sharing meals and at Istoria’s restaurant, the dining experience comes in the form of shared storytelling. From the locally harvested seafood, to the personal care of the chef, to the warmth and cheer of the staff serving the dishes, every aspect of the meal has depth and a caring quality to it.
All the accommodations at Istoria are suites. Staying in a luxury spa has its advantages and comfort is considered the baseline. Each room includes amenities such as individual heat and air conditioning, free wifi, smart televisions, minibar, sofa in seating area, and those all-important spa bathrobe and slippers.
- The Saga Suites can sleep up to three guests (the resort is adults only so all guests must be 14 years or older) and are all located on the upper floor with a balcony terrace overlooking the sea.
- The Recit Suites are the ground floor equivalent of the Saga Suites and their outdoor terrace includes a hot tub.
- The Tarina Suite is also ground floor but this suite has a private pool on the terrace.
- The Rakonto Suites are upper floor and have the terrace that looks out over the beach and also has a second balcony that looks out over the sea.
- The Conte Suites are ground floor with the larger hot tub terrace and second sea view balcony.
- And finally, the Storia Suite is on the second floor and has a terrace nearly the size of the large suite itself. The hot tub looks out over the sea and is the picture perfect location for all to enjoy.