Centrally located in the heart of the burgeoning attraction town of Perissa is the Hotel Smaragdi Santorini. A mid-sized property with 32 rooms and suites to accommodate guests from budget travelers looking to spend a night in luxury to the well-traveled explorer looking for a great place to call home while exploring the growing village and crossing the island to take in all Santorini has to offer.
Less than seven miles across the island from the bustling capital city and no more than 14 miles to the furthest attraction town of Oia, Perissa is a world away from the tourists and sunset seekers that populate the island in the summer months. If you are looking for a secluded spot to get away from the crowds while remaining close enough to visit, Perissa is your village.
Appearing as a small village unto itself, the buildings of the hotel Smaragdi feel like you are walking through a small hamlet market rather than a hotel. Tightly stretched awnings shade the windows from the hot summer sun and the brick courtyard feels like a pedestrian walkway as you pass between the buildings resplendent in their sun-baked white wash style.
The rooms and suites themselves are nothing less than extravagant with their high arched ceilings and artistically appointed decorative adornments. Soft colors of pale blue and varying shades of grey make for a pleasing contrast against the cream and white walls and ceilings. Tiled floors ensure your lodgings are always easily cleaned and free from the sand you are sure to track in after enjoying the spectacular Perivolos Beach.
Smaragdi Hotel also offers spa treatments, and massage appointments. For those looking for a fresh face while away on holiday, beauty regimens, manicure and pedicures, hairdressing, and makeup services are there for the asking. Concierge specializes in making appointments for activities in Perissa or all around the island. If you’re looking to honeymoon at Smaragdi, they have a wedding planner on staff to assist you with all your needs.
The pool snack bar is open all day long to quench your thirst and feed your hunger. Let their bartenders create one of their frosty specialties, or pour you a simple nightcap on the rocks. Breakfast is a fabulous buffet of the finest Greek and American style foods. You can choose from the buffet or have your meal brought to your room.
Rooms are split up into twelve categories so the Smaragdi Hotel will have something in your style and budget. All rooms include individual heat and air conditioning for maximum comfort, free wifi, satellite television, refrigerator and electric kettle for tea.
- The Economy Rooms and Standard Rooms are fine accommodations perfect for the guest that just needs a room to sleep in after exploring Santorini all day and night long.
- The Deluxe Room is larger, can sleep a third guest, and has a good view over the garden or the mountains.
- The Boutique Suite and Elegant Suite have a Jacuzzi and better views.
- The Junior Suite and Luxury Suite increase in size and have partial sea views.
- The Santorini Suite, Tholos Suite, and the Superior Suite can sleep three guests and are fantastic upgrades.
- The Honeymoon Suite is a dream getaway with its internal Jacuzzi.
- The Master Suite is another superb room with plenty of room to stretch out, enjoy the private balcony and outside Jacuzzi.
Any room at the Smaragdi Hotel is sure to be a marvelous escape from the rest of the world.