The inspiration behind the fantastic Tsitouras Collection hotel is the story of a businessman who followed his vision and wound up with one of the most coveted locations in all of paradise. Originally a simple villa finely appointed and decorated with a personal art collection, these rooms were meant to accommodate visiting friends and show off the museum quality art. After some coaxing, the businessman dedicated his expertise to running this superb hotel.
Overlooking the famed caldera, the Tsitouras Collection hotel is six villas joined in the cliffs of Firostefani and sharing the same magnificent view of the iconic Santorini sunsets. Just a short ten minute walk from the capital, the hotel is far enough away from the bustling city to enjoy tranquility while remaining near enough to enjoy the larger city’s benefits.
Originally designed as a multi-roomed mansion, this hotel appears to be a single residence, broken into separate houses. The traditional Greek appearance is preserved in the whitewashed walls and blue accents visible from anywhere on the island. Set into the cliff face, the hotel is an icon in itself and worthy of praise.
Inside each suite, the theme varies. The consistent factor is the attention to detail in the fine art and ancient artifacts that dress the rooms in this hotel. Impeccable taste and an experienced eye curated this collection over a lifetime and it is on display at your leisure while you stay in luxury.
If it looks like an 18th century mansion, it certainly does feel like one. The amenities will have you feeling like royalty during your stay and the staff is waiting to serve you as such. Personal masseuse and therapist is on staff for massage and beauty therapy, the concierge is accustomed to assisting VIPs from around the world, and the owners add a personal touch by supervising every detail during your stay.
One of the benefits of a smaller collection of lodgings is the close and intimate details you can experience from your stay. A dedicated chef cooks for the guests and can personalize the menu according to your desire and tastes. Delivered to your room or to the terrace dining area, your dining experience will be perfect.
All of the rooms in the hotel are named a house.
- The House of Sea is a 345 sqft suite with one bedroom and one bath, decorated in a pleasing soft white that will bring you comfort and peace.
- The House of Porcelain is 485 sqft dressed in a calming yellow. The two bedrooms and one bath have a dining are and a setting area as well.
- The House of Nureyev is the unofficial honeymoon suite as it has a private veranda overlooking the caldera.
- The House of Portraits is 764 sqft of pale pink and softly glowing walls adorned with finely framed portraits with two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- The House of Winds is a soft blue 861 sqft expanse allowing the guest to soar through high ceilings and even express their muse through the piano.
- The TC Private Villa is the ultimate experience for those looking for exclusive apartment on the edge of Santorini’s famed caldera. Three bedrooms and three baths with a private pool and terrace make these lodgings unsurpassed by any contenders.